URGENT APPEAL FROM POSCO PRATIRODH SANGRAM SAMITI AS ON 1st NOVEMBER 2011
We earnestly appeal to all of you to send your immediate protest letter to the government of Odisha regarding its recent decision to start the construction of coastal road from Paradeep to our village for POSCO. We fear that over 400–500 henchmen of POSCO followed by police forces might forcibly enter into our area. From media reports, it may construe that they can attack on or before 3rd of November 2011. On 30th October 2011, our villagers have decided to intensify the protest if the Government goes ahead with land acquisition and construction of the coastal road.
On 27th of October 2011, the Chief Secretary of Odisha Mr. B.K Patnaik said in the media that he had asked POSCO authorities to begin work on the acquired land. Of the 4,000 and odd acres of land required by the company, the state government claims to have acquired 2,000 acres and hence POSCO could start work over this land.
In this regard, Mr. Priyabrat Patnaik, Chief Managing Director of Industrial Development Corporation of Odisha (IDCO) held a meeting with the Jagatsinghpur district officials on 28th of October, 2011.
As you all know that the government's move to allow POSCO to start work in the area is completely illegal as the MOU has lapsed more than a year back. Opposition parties including Congress and BJP opposed Orissa government's move to invite POSCO-India to begin work on the acquired land even before a fresh MoU was signed.
At this critical juncture, we appeal to all concerned citizens activists, intellectuals and media friends to extend their support and put consistent pressure on the government to stop the forcible eviction of the people. Our villagers in a meeting in Dhinkia also have resolved to oppose any move by the state. We know Priyabrata Pattnaik as an officer with criminal credential and can do anything to harm us and help the project. Any intervention from your side will be of help to us.
We shall inform you the further developments here.
Kindly circulate this mail widely.
Spokesperson, POSCO Pratirodh Sangram Samiti
Mobile no – 09437571547
E -Mail- email@example.com
Please Write and Call.....
1.Mr. Shri Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, Prime Minister's Office, Room number 152, South Block, New Delhi,Fax: + 91 11 2301 6857; firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mr. P. Chidambaram, Union Minister of Home Affairs, Ministry of Home Affairs, 104-107 North Block, New Delhi 110 001 India, Fax: +91 11 2309 2979 / 23094221 E.mail email@example.com
3. Justice K. G. Balakrishnan, Chairperson, National Human Rights Commission of India, Faridkot House, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi 110 001, Fax: +91 11 2334 0016, Fax No. 23384863 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister, Odisha, Fax 0674-2535100 E. mail email@example.com
5. Mr. S. K. Patnayak, Chief Secretary, Government of Odhisa, FAX: 0674 – 2536660 e.mail firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Mr. Narayan Chandra Jena, District Collectior, Jagatsinghpur, Contact number +919437038401 Fax No : +916724220299
7. Mr. Debadutta Singh, Superintendent of Police, Mobile No- +919437094678, email@example.com