Welcome

Website counter
website hit counter
website hit counters

Monday, May 9, 2011

Fwd: Cry of A Poor Helpless Prisoner - Updated Article



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ashok T. Jaisinghani <ashokjai@sancharnet.in>
Date: Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Subject: Cry of A Poor Helpless Prisoner - Updated Article
To: HindToday <hindtoday@gmail.com>, Palash Biswas <palashbiswaskl@gmail.com>, Asian Voice <aveditorial@abplgroup.com>, Himalayan Voice <himalayanvoice@gmail.com>, The Indian Post <sapna.singla@indianpost.co.uk>, tribal tribune <thetribaltribune@yahoo.com>


Cry of A Poor Helpless Prisoner
 
    I have dedicated this article to all the unknown workers and laborers of the world who are still suffering atrocities at the hands of anti-people regimes in different countries of the world. The article is already being displayed on a number of websites.
 
    A poor worker had been put in a prison for a reason he did not know or understand. He had refused to eat the food given to him at night by the prison staff. After a couple of hours, the silence of the late night was suddenly shattered by the cries of that highly distraught unknown prisoner who burst into a sad song.
 
    Without following any proper tune, he sang in his mournful voice. All the prisoners and the guards were forced to hear what is written below:
 
   Innocent Prisoner's Song of Sorrow
 
        O Jailor Saahib! O Jailor Saahib!
        Please hear me, please hear me.
 
        I have committed no crime;
        I have done nothing wrong.
 
        Please let me go, 
        Let me go,
        Let me go,
        Please allow me to go home.
 
        How long I will be here, I am not sure;
        No one will come for me, as I am poor;
        When I can leave prison, it is not clear;
        I have no money, and justice is very dear;
        For long, I will not be freed, I greatly fear. 
 
    Many prisoners got angry because they could not sleep due to the wailing of the singer. They asked the jail guards to beat up the Unknown Singer for disturbing their sleep. After he was beaten up by the guards, he was locked up in a separate cell, which was at some distance away from the cells occupied by other prisoners. The singing prisoner became silent for some time.
 
    After some more time passed, the distraught prisoner again began to sing the song in a loud wailing tune. Even though his cell was at a distance, the absence of noise during the night made his voice loud and clear in the whole prison.
 
      O Jailor Saahib! please let me go home; 
        Let me go,
        Let me go,
        Let me go home. 
 
        For my sick and hungry dear little child,
        I was only going to buy milk and bread; 
        While I was just walking fast on the road,
        Police came and hit me hard on my head.
 
        There was a big agitation today;
        It was getting dark at end of day;
        I was just passing from that way,
        While all the agitators ran away.
 
        The rioters ran away, the street was deserted;
        Police came and hit me very hard on my head;
        I was just passing that way, why was I arrested?
        Why were passersby like me beaten and arrested?
 
        Who can tell me what crime I have committed?
        Like few others, I was just passing by the road;
        Each passerby was hit by laathis on his head;
        Arrested passersby are innocent, that is truth.
 
        O Jailor Saahib!
        O Jailor Saahib!
        Please hear me,
        Please hear me.
 
      I am just a poor worker;
        I have never been any rioter;
        I am only a poor hut dweller; 
        Does that make me any offender?
 
        I am just a poor ordinary worker;
        I am not any known poet or singer;
        Let me not remain in prison longer;
        The life of my little son is in danger.
 
        My son got wet yesterday playing in the rain;
        In his weak little body, he has aches and pain;
        Will he get medicine, am I thinking in vain?
        If my son dies, I shall really become insane.
 
        His mother is not in our little hut, our home;
        My wife knows not, our son is sick and alone;
        For delivery of second child, my wife has gone,
        To her poor mother's hut, far in another town.
 
        I am in prison, my wife does not know;
        Let me go, let me go, please let me go;
        Sick and hungry, the tiny tot is alone;
        Let me go home, please let me go home.
 
      I have to feed my son with my own hand;
        I also give him milk with my own hand;
        My little son cannot bear the hunger;
        Can a poor hungry child bear it longer?
 
        Who will feed my little son now;
        Will he get the milk, tell me how?
        With no one to care for my sick son now,
        Will he get his medicines, tell me how?
 
        He is sick, he cannot go out to roam;
        He can only be hungry even at home;
        My son's mouth will become very dry;
        When he gets hungry, he can only cry.
 
        When his hunger becomes very deep,
        How will he be able even to get sleep?
        In fitful sleep, he will see terrifying dreams;
        Who will care to hear a poor child's screams?
 
      Very hungry, how long can he in bed lie?
      Being a poor man's son, will he live or die?
 
      Is there any God in the sky,
      To hear my kid's pitiful cry;
      Let my son live, he is small;
      Let him grow up till he is tall.
 
        O Jailor Saahib! O Jailor Saahib!
        Please hear me, please hear me.
        Let me go, let me go, let me go home.
 
      My son is my brightest star on Earth;
        He does not deserve an early death;
        He is too small, he should not die,
        To be a faint star in the distant sky.
 
        For me, he is my most beautiful little hero;
        Without him, my happiness will be zero;
        When I see the bright smile on his face,
        All my sorrows disappear without trace.
 
        Seeing the bright smile of my boy,
        I get instantly filled with great joy;
        It breaks my heart, if he must cry;
        Please release me now, please try.
 
      Rioters and leaders are playing a big game;
        Innocent people like me are given the blame;
        Being in prison is a very great shame;
        I will become jobless if I get a bad name.
 
        I did not steal, I did not rob;
        I am a worker, I will lose my job;
        Let me go, let me go, let me go;
        Please don't say No, don't say No.
 
        O Jailor Saahib! what wrong have I done?
        Anyone tell me, what wrong have I done?
        I was going to get some milk and bun,
        For my sick and hungry dear little son.
 
      O Jailor Saahib! please set me free;
        To my small hut, I wish to flee;
        My dear little son, I long to see;
        To give him some milk and rotee.
 
        My hungry son, he has my need;
        He is waiting for me for his feed;
        My request, you should heed;
        And perform your good deed.
 
        When his mother gives birth to his sister,
        My son can greet her as a loving brother,
        Only if he lives by getting his medicines;
        Should he die? He has committed no sins!
 
        O Jailor Saahib! please let me go;
        Please don't say No, don't say No.
        Let me go to give my son his medicines;
        He is so cute, he has committed no sins.
 
      Let me go to wipe my little son's tears,
      To give him a kiss and remove his fears; 
      And look into his big dark brown eyes,
      Where beauty of child's innocence lies.
 
        Every morning, I help him brush his teeth,
        And tie the laces of shoes on his small feet;
        For his breakfast, I give him milk and bun;
        To serve my little Prince, it is very great fun. 
 
        After I wash his face and comb his hair;
        Though like other kids, he is not so fair,
        He smiles coyly before the looking glass;
        Then I take him on cycle to nursery class.
 
      It is true that I am only an ordinary worker,
      Please let my little son become a scholar. 
 
        O Jailor Saahib! please let me go;
        Let me go, let me go home, let me go;
        Please don't say No, don't say No.
 
    The prison guards wanted to beat him again to silence him, but after hearing his heart-rending story, some other innocent prisoners felt so sorry for him that they also joined the Unknown Singer. The innocent prisoners started singing with him in their wailing voices, which became louder and louder.
 
      We have done nothing wrong;
        Of any crime, we are not guilty;
        We are innocent, you can agree;
        O Jailor Saahib! set us free.
 
        Let us go, let us go, let us go;
        Let us go home to our small huts;
        Please let us go to see our tiny tots.
 
        Set us free, remove our handcuffs;
        Let us go home to our small huts.
 
        Our dear little ones, we long to see;
        O Jailor Saahib! set us free, set us free,
        Set us free, set us free, set us free,
        Set us free, set us free, set us free, . . . .
 
    The whole prison reverberated with the loud singing of many prisoners in their wailing and sobbing voices. They sang their verses again and again for a long long time. An Unknown Singer had struck a deep chord of sympathy in the hearts of all those prisoners who were innocent, but were put in that jail along with the criminals. 
 
    The jail staff became completely puzzled and did not beat the Unknown Singer again, as they just did not know what to do when there were so many wailing and sobbing singers. Seeing the sympathy among other prisoners, the sobbing singer tried vainly to get some sleep in spite of his nightmare.
 
    With red swollen eyes caused by the continuous flow of tears, the Unknown Singer was waiting sleeplessly for the night to end, and was vainly hoping to hear some news that could end his misery the next day.
 
   Ashok  T. Jaisinghani.
    Editor & Publisher:
www.Wonder-Cures.com 
www.Nutritionist-No-1.com 
www.Top-Nut.com    Top Nutritionist
www.SindhiKalakar.com  
 


 
Note: My article is partly based on some real life incidents that occurred a few years back in some prison in India. One of the inmates of the prison was a poor man who started singing loudly  after the meals were served to the prisoners at night. Even after he was beaten up by the prison guards, and ordered to stop singing, the poor Unknown Singer continued to sing loudly late in the night in his prison cell, where he was kept alone, separated from all the other prisoners.
 
 



--
Palash Biswas
Pl Read:
http://nandigramunited-banga.blogspot.com/

No comments:

मैं नास्तिक क्यों हूं# Necessity of Atheism#!Genetics Bharat Teertha

হে মোর চিত্ত, Prey for Humanity!

मनुस्मृति नस्ली राजकाज राजनीति में OBC Trump Card और जयभीम कामरेड

Gorkhaland again?আত্মঘাতী বাঙালি আবার বিভাজন বিপর্যয়ের মুখোমুখি!

हिंदुत्व की राजनीति का मुकाबला हिंदुत्व की राजनीति से नहीं किया जा सकता।

In conversation with Palash Biswas

Palash Biswas On Unique Identity No1.mpg

Save the Universities!

RSS might replace Gandhi with Ambedkar on currency notes!

जैसे जर्मनी में सिर्फ हिटलर को बोलने की आजादी थी,आज सिर्फ मंकी बातों की आजादी है।

#BEEFGATEঅন্ধকার বৃত্তান্তঃ হত্যার রাজনীতি

अलविदा पत्रकारिता,अब कोई प्रतिक्रिया नहीं! पलाश विश्वास

ভালোবাসার মুখ,প্রতিবাদের মুখ মন্দাক্রান্তার পাশে আছি,যে মেয়েটি আজও লিখতে পারছেঃ আমাক ধর্ষণ করবে?

Palash Biswas on BAMCEF UNIFICATION!

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS ON NEPALI SENTIMENT, GORKHALAND, KUMAON AND GARHWAL ETC.and BAMCEF UNIFICATION! Published on Mar 19, 2013 The Himalayan Voice Cambridge, Massachusetts United States of America

BAMCEF UNIFICATION CONFERENCE 7

Published on 10 Mar 2013 ALL INDIA BAMCEF UNIFICATION CONFERENCE HELD AT Dr.B. R. AMBEDKAR BHAVAN,DADAR,MUMBAI ON 2ND AND 3RD MARCH 2013. Mr.PALASH BISWAS (JOURNALIST -KOLKATA) DELIVERING HER SPEECH. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLL-n6MrcoM http://youtu.be/oLL-n6MrcoM

Imminent Massive earthquake in the Himalayas

Palash Biswas on Citizenship Amendment Act

Mr. PALASH BISWAS DELIVERING SPEECH AT BAMCEF PROGRAM AT NAGPUR ON 17 & 18 SEPTEMBER 2003 Sub:- CITIZENSHIP AMENDMENT ACT 2003 http://youtu.be/zGDfsLzxTXo

Tweet Please

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS BLASTS INDIANS THAT CLAIM BUDDHA WAS BORN IN INDIA

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: INDIAN GOVERNMENT FOOD SECURITY PROGRAM RISKIER

http://youtu.be/NrcmNEjaN8c The government of India has announced food security program ahead of elections in 2014. We discussed the issue with Palash Biswas in Kolkata today. http://youtu.be/NrcmNEjaN8c Ahead of Elections, India's Cabinet Approves Food Security Program ______________________________________________________ By JIM YARDLEY http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/indias-cabinet-passes-food-security-law/

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS TALKS AGAINST CASTEIST HEGEMONY IN SOUTH ASIA

THE HIMALAYAN VOICE: PALASH BISWAS DISCUSSES RAM MANDIR

Published on 10 Apr 2013 Palash Biswas spoke to us from Kolkota and shared his views on Visho Hindu Parashid's programme from tomorrow ( April 11, 2013) to build Ram Mandir in disputed Ayodhya. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77cZuBunAGk

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS LASHES OUT KATHMANDU INT'L 'MULVASI' CONFERENCE

अहिले भर्खर कोलकता भारतमा हामीले पलाश विश्वाससंग काठमाडौँमा आज भै रहेको अन्तर्राष्ट्रिय मूलवासी सम्मेलनको बारेमा कुराकानी गर्यौ । उहाले भन्नु भयो सो सम्मेलन 'नेपालको आदिवासी जनजातिहरुको आन्दोलनलाई कम्जोर बनाउने षडयन्त्र हो।' http://youtu.be/j8GXlmSBbbk

THE HIMALAYAN DISASTER: TRANSNATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT MECHANISM A MUST

We talked with Palash Biswas, an editor for Indian Express in Kolkata today also. He urged that there must a transnational disaster management mechanism to avert such scale disaster in the Himalayas. http://youtu.be/7IzWUpRECJM

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS CRITICAL OF BAMCEF LEADERSHIP

[Palash Biswas, one of the BAMCEF leaders and editors for Indian Express spoke to us from Kolkata today and criticized BAMCEF leadership in New Delhi, which according to him, is messing up with Nepalese indigenous peoples also. He also flayed MP Jay Narayan Prasad Nishad, who recently offered a Puja in his New Delhi home for Narendra Modi's victory in 2014.]

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS CRITICIZES GOVT FOR WORLD`S BIGGEST BLACK OUT

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS CRITICIZES GOVT FOR WORLD`S BIGGEST BLACK OUT

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALSH BISWAS FLAYS SOUTH ASIAN GOVERNM

Palash Biswas, lashed out those 1% people in the government in New Delhi for failure of delivery and creating hosts of problems everywhere in South Asia. http://youtu.be/lD2_V7CB2Is

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS LASHES OUT KATHMANDU INT'L 'MULVASI' CONFERENCE

अहिले भर्खर कोलकता भारतमा हामीले पलाश विश्वाससंग काठमाडौँमा आज भै रहेको अन्तर्राष्ट्रिय मूलवासी सम्मेलनको बारेमा कुराकानी गर्यौ । उहाले भन्नु भयो सो सम्मेलन 'नेपालको आदिवासी जनजातिहरुको आन्दोलनलाई कम्जोर बनाउने षडयन्त्र हो।' http://youtu.be/j8GXlmSBbbk